Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tru dat

The AA meeting I went to last night was one I have never gone to before.  I was late (of course) and the only seat open was next to this young kid in a baseball cap with a big diamond stud in his ear, baggy jeans and huge bright white tennies.  I assumed he was there to get his probation sheet signed, probably going to be checking his phone for texts the whole time, trying to score his next bag.  I am an ass.  When it came time for him to talk, I was enraptured.  He was so insightful, had so many valid things to say, I just sat there gazing up at him like a little lost puppy dog.  Sitting down at this meeting, I didn't think it would do me any good, there was only one other woman and no one I felt like I would relate to.  And then this kid opens his mouth and I started to think that God put me in that chair just to hear what he had to say.

I am just as guilty for judging as the woman I was ranting about in my last post.  I will never stop being surprised at who admits to being an alcoholic.  Thank you gangsta, some of the things you said last night will stay with me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment