So the latest question my brain has been tormenting me with: Do I love my children less than other mothers love their children?
There were times when I chose to drink over what was best for them. Many times. When we hear stories about moms who did neglectful or just plain stupid things that caused their kids harm, we automatically think "I could never". Well, the thing is, I did. Now my issue is, can we measure the amount of love for our kids in a cup? Can it be half full? How do you know if you love your kids as much as the next mom out there - you can't be in her head? The only way we have to measure the love for the people in our lives is the things we do for them, the way we treat them and the respect we show them. So what happens when your love for them is in question?
How about when I let my kids watch extra TV because I need a break? I know TV is not good for them, I know what the limit should be. I let them eat McDonald's once in a while. Everyone has clicked the link to see what is actually in (or not in) the mystery meat they use. Is this a measure of my motherly love?
No comments:
Post a Comment